It is always a good idea and very comforting to know that when you get off the plane in a foreign country, you have a basic understanding of the culture and what to expect.
Your new best friend
Relying on an app when travelling, has gained huge momentum in the last couple of years and is now the preferred method of getting around for tourists. Travel apps have been hailed as a tourist’s best companion.
Travel apps are super handy when having to pick a restaurant, check out popular tourist attractions such as monuments, galleries, and museums, and of course, let’s not forget…where the party will be tonight!
Travellers can rely on these apps for insider information like, operating hours, entrance costs, honest reviews from other travellers about what to avoid and what is a must-see.
My Top 6 Travel Apps
Before you start packing your travel bags to see the world, make sure you have all the important travel apps on your phone. I’ve made a list of my favourite travel apps that I recommend you use when you’ve reached your destination:
1. FlightTrackpro is a must have for anyone travelling. You know you are covered with this app, as it will help you manage all your international flights with real time updates that use zoomable maps. The app also updates in case your flight gets cancelled or is delayed.
2. The second essential-must have app is the Trip It app; this handy app gives users access to their travel itinerary in one convenient place. Be on top of your hotel reservations, flights, car rental, maps and directions all in one place. You can sync all your travelling plans with your mobile or online calendar, post travel plans, and share itineraries on your Facebook, Linkedln and Twitter pages.
3. Google Maps should be part of your travelling essentials; it is by far one of the best ways to explore new places. Get to know your destination before you’ve even set foot in the country with 360-degree footage and views, traffic updates, and turn by turn GPS navigation. These are only some of the many features of this amazing mobile app.
4. CityMaps2Go is basically a guide to various cities around the world. It is convenient since one can easily pin your location onto the app and the app will pre-plan your route.
5. If you love running or jogging, the WalkJogRun app offers you a great selection of the safest running routes in over 1 million cities around the world. If you want to stay in shape while on holiday, this one is for you! Take advantage of this travel app and discover new routes while exercising.
6. TheFork offers over 30,000 restaurants across Europe, with over 5 million reviews to help you pick the perfect place for you to eat. There’s a huge plus to using TheFork app…when you book through them, you’ll receive up to 50% off your bill at participating restaurants.
But wait, there’s more…
If those weren’t enough, I have more suggestions with other helpful apps that you can use before you’ve even started packing your bags:
Efficient planning for your holiday can make or break your trip. Travel apps are great for any destination, from sandy beaches, ski resorts, to busy metropolitans. Navigate your way through any airport, market place or street by using travel apps for a stress-free holiday.
Hopefully these will be of some help to all of you. If you use any different apps to what I’ve mentioned, please feel free to comment below and let us know what works best for you!